Friday, July 6, 2012

I attended our Boise Exchange Club weekly meeting today where we had two speakers from the Discovery Center. They were telling of the many programs and events they are having at their facility. I was reminded of my involvement with the original idea of the Discovery Center many years ago when I took Brian and Jennifer, my children, to Portland and the coast on Spring Break. On our way back we stopped and toured OMSI. It was such a wonderful experience that as a suggestion for a project to the Junior League of which I was a member at the time I suggested we have a science museum. Several others must have also suggested the idea for Boise and someone within that organization took up the idea and we have what exists today. Many thanks to the women of Junior League who started the Discovery Center. Our community is better for it.
https://chumly.com/n/14f07c1

No comments:

Post a Comment